Sunday, January 15, 2012

Draft #35 - I think I got trapped

  Pack 1 pick 1:








  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 2:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 3:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 4:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 5:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 6:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 7:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 15:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 1:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 2:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 3:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 4:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 5:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 6:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 7:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 15:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 1:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 2:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 3:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 4:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 5:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 6:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 7:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 15:




  My Pick:






This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.

Visit the draft converter today!



This deck is pretty bad. It's barely capable of removing anything and its offense is laughable.

I think the first two picks of this draft were easy. The only card I could have taken over juggernaut P1 is Geistflame, and it's just not stronger than juggs and doesn't have the go-in-every-deck benefit. The second pick is easy too, since victim is more useful than the only other real cards in the pack (the two red losers).

The third pick needs some interpretation. I think the "right" pick is probably Makeshift Mauler, a card that I generally overvalue I think. HOWEVER, I didn't really want to take it, because I didn't like the idea of trying to draft a U/B deck where galvanic juggernaut would be good. I think it would be pretty hard to do that. So, given that opinion, I took what in my opinion is the next best card in the pack, VBR. VBR's untap also conveniently works pretty well with juggernaut, and I'm starting to come around on B/W decks that barf out guys on the first 4 turns.

After that, the quality of the picks just took a nosedive. I got a few nice white cards at the beginning of pack 2, and getting that dead weight in pack 3 was kind of exciting, but overall I just felt like there weren't any good cards in any colors coming my way. Not even any like, good green cards to make me feel bad about my moronic B/W gambit based on a 3rd pick VBR. I suppose taking the mauler and going blue and another color (probably black still I guess, but ugh) would have resulted in a better deck, but I'm not really convinced either way. If the guy to my immediate left was blue, I doubt he went into it based only on a 3rd pick makeshift mauler, so he had to have opened a nice blue card (or if it was 2 to my left, he had 2 shots of good blue cards), meaning that there wasn't a way for me to prevent getting nothing but blue sloppy seconds in pack 2. I'm curious to see how a better drafter would have handled this.

I got destroyed pretty quickly in 2 games by a guy who played Stromkirk Noble on T1 both times. The guys in his crappy R/G deck were just way too big for me to have any hope of a favorable combat step.

No comments:

Post a Comment