Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Draft #26 - Trying to adapt

  Pack 1 pick 1:




Cards I'm considering: Darkthicket Wolf





  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 2:




Cards I'm considering: Dead Weight

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 3:




Cards I'm considering: Ambush Viper, Geistflame, Morkrut Banshee

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 4:




Cards I'm considering: Skirsdag Cultist

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 5:




Cards I'm considering: Walking Corpse, Bloodcrazed Neonate

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 6:




Cards I'm considering: Tormented Pariah, Markov Patrician

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 7:




Cards I'm considering: Ashmoth Hound

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 8:




Cards I'm considering: Crossway Vampire, Scourge of Geier Reach

  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 15:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 1:




Cards I'm considering: Blazing Torch

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 2:





Cards I'm considering: Walking Corpse, Bonds of Faith, Cobbled Wings, Mausoleum Guard

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 3:




Cards I'm considering: Bump in the Night

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 4:




Cards I'm considering: Victim of Night, Butcher's Cleaver

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 5:




Cards I'm considering: Typhoid Rats, Harvest Pyre

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 6:




Cards I'm considering: Rakish Heir

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 7:




Cards I'm considering: Typhoid Rats, Darkthicket Wolf

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 8:




Cards I'm considering: Bloodcrazed Neonate, Prey Upon, Scourge of Geier Reach

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 9:




Cards I'm considering: Walking Corpse

  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 15:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 1:




Cards I'm considering: Bloodgift Demon, Brimstone Volley

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 2:




Cards I'm considering: Rage Thrower, Charmbreaker Devils

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 3:




Cards I'm considering: Heretic's Punishment

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 4:




Cards I'm considering: Stensia Bloodhall

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 5:




Cards I'm considering: YEAH RIGHT

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 6:




Cards I'm considering: Spider Spawning

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 7:




Cards I'm considering: Typhoid Rats, Traitorous Blood

  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 15:




  My Pick:






This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.

Visit the draft converter today!



Very unusual draft. I first picked an awesome green card (that was the only green card) all ready to cut green, and then didn't see a single one ever in pack 1. The banshee/geistflame/viper pick was hard, and I went with banshee (which I don't normally like to pick very high, or like to pick in general) because I felt like I could get some Prey Upons and make a nice G/B deck and have him be really effective, but green never came. When I saw the cultist p4 (who also works nice with banshee) I decided to try and move in on R/B, another deck I like, but I didn't see any red removal cards, and I saw even less crappy red creatures flowing than I normally do. After I cut enough wolves, and when I saw the spider spawning in P3, I realized I could just splash all the red cards I wanted to play and go base green instead (with the help of that random mulch I got super late in P1) and build kind of a spider spawning deck.

Given the circumstances, I like the way this deck turned out, but you tell me if you'd have drafted any differently. I don't think the bump in the night super fits, but I played it anyway since I could get some extra val if I mulch it up.

Anyway, I took a heartbreaking loss in G3 of R2 with this deck to a guy who mulliganed to 6 on the play, complained about it, then went T2 spectral knight, T3 curse of stalked prey, and was able to race my super ultra aggressive double wolf draw with a miracle moment of heroism the turn before death.

No comments:

Post a Comment