Saturday, January 14, 2012

Draft #33 - Is Army of the Damned worth drafting a deck around?

  Pack 1 pick 1:







  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 2:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 3:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 4:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 5:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 6:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 7:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 1 pick 15:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 1:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 2:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 3:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 4:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 5:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 6:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 7:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 2 pick 15:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 1:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 2:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 3:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 4:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 5:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 6:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 7:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 8:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 9:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 10:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 11:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 12:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 13:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 14:




  My Pick:






  Pack 3 pick 15:




  My Pick:






This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.

Visit the draft converter today!



I don't think this deck is great, but it's fine. At least it has a reasonable amount of removal and two different ways to cheese wins (a flipped test subject and 13 zombie tokens).

My first pick in the draft was either Army or Elder Cathar. I feel like the cathar is a safer, more resilient pick, but I had never tried army before and it seemed like a powerful enough effect to draft a deck around. If I had taken Elder Cathar, I'd have taken Fiend Hunter 2nd and Bonds of Faith 3rd, and then white would have kind of dried up after that but I'd have taken that Dead Weight 4th and moved into B/W (yuck).

As is, maybe I should have taken Fiend Hunter 2nd anyway, but Test Subject is a strong card and U/B is slightly more palatable to me than B/W. I'm not sure if I made the right picks but after those first few picks, I feel like the rest of the draft was pretty straightforward.

I beat a mediocre U/W deck in R1 because all he had was a bunch of dorky guys and not many tricks, so it was easy to win once I played a good blocker and a flyer.

I lost in G3 of R2 to a 3 color aggro deck with terrible mana. It was a heartbreaker because I fought really hard to stabilize with a slow hand against two Rakish Heirs, then after the board clogged I finally drew enough mana to flash back the Army that I milled, only to find that my opponent just peeled Feeling of Dread to kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment