Monday, November 9, 2015

BFZ #4

  Pack 1 pick 1:




Strange pack - lots of decent cards, but the only two cards in it that I'm willing to base a draft around are Benthic Infiltrator and Dominator Drone. I went with the infiltrator since I prefer blue.


  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


Nice pack! Clutch is probably the best card in it anyway, but it helps that I already have a blue card. 

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:


Cruiser is not usually a card I take that high, but I didn't see much else in this pack unless I wanted to switch gears.

Side note - Gruesome Slaughter is not playable in my opinion.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:


No good blue cards, but I'm happy to take this on-theme black one.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:


Crap, those red cards are nice looking - starting to wonder if I should be red somehow. Still, happy to take Mist Intruder.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:


I don't like Incubator Drone that much any more, so I was trying to decide between Processor Assault, Valakut Invoker and Swarm Surge. Surge is useful if I'm going to be U/B devoid, but if I want to jump on this red train, I can either try and go big with Assault or play it safe with Invoker.

I decided to try and go big.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:


I could have stayed on the red train with Ondu Champ, but I went back to black with Swarm Surge instead.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:


Nice!

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:


Double nice!

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:


Bleh. I'm still not sure if I'll be black or red. In the event that I'm red, this guy will be awesome even in a mostly devoid deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:


I was trying to decide between Sliderunner and Despoiler in this pack. I went with Despoiler because I felt like I'd have more ingesting than processing. I'm not sure how I feel about this pick.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:


I think skipping the Sliderunner and taking a processor card kind of pushed me into black for this draft and this pick, so I took the black ingest card over the decent red card.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:


Another strange pick. I think the reason I made it is because I felt like the Despoilers are excellent if you can actually make them 9/9s, and I had a good shot of making frequent 9/9s in this deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:


Love Familiar, but I have Despoilers to feed now.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:


Actually a tough pick between this and Sludge Crawler. 

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:


If I were red I'd have taken Vile Aggregate I think, but I'm still thrilled to have another copy of this great card.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:


And this one.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:


I probably should have taken Culling Drone, but I have been loving Dampening Pulse lately. Its impact on the game, even when you have these low curve tempo decks, is just so big.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:




  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:


I actually think this guy is kind of underrated. With 18 land being the default number for a lot of these BFZ decks, 7 lands in a game is not really out of the question. I'm probably going to be able to get 5 life out of it more often than not, and I love the games where you curve out and get them low then they stabilize, but then you play a card like Ruin Processor and suddenly all their blocks are now super awk.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:


Love this as a sideboard card.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:


Would rather have a sideboard card than a 3rd Mind Raker (since the first 2 aren't even that good anyway).

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!


I thought this deck was pretty good. I ended up going 1-1, losing in game 3 of round 2 to whoever drafted that Herald of Kozilek, which ended up brick walling my team while my opponent played out a bunch of 4/4 Menace ogres and beat my head in. I boarded in Dispel for Brutal Expulsion, but maybe played a bit too defensively around it in game 3 and took too much early damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment