Monday, November 9, 2015

BFZ #2

  Pack 1 pick 1:




Urgh. Really tough pick. Brutal Expulsion is definitely the strongest card, but is it worth committing to both blue AND red right away, especially when 2 drafters to my left are likely to also be blue and/or red? If you don't take Expulsion, what do you take - Skyspawner? Ruination Guide? Nettle drone and try to cut red?

I didn't know what to do, so I just took what I thought was the best card - the Expulsion.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


Not what I was hoping for. I'm looking at Mist Intruder, Blademaster, and Barrage Tyrant.

Tyrant kinda sucks, so I rule it out right away, and it doesn't feel good taking a synergy card like Mist Intruder over a power card like Blademaster, so I went with Blademaster.

I tend to draft with a lot of focus in this format, but these first two picks definitely have more power than focus.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:


Well the only common denominator among my picks so far is red, so I just take the best red card. Fortunately I also think it is the best card in the pack.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:


Hard pick between Chasm Guide and Sliderunner. Chasm guide is more useful if I go the Blademaster route, but I'm not seeing white cards and Sliderunner is pretty useful in general, so I went with Sliderunner.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:


Ugh. Dookie pack. I guess Reckless Cohort is an ally and a 2 drop.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:


I'm astounded to see this card so late. I have a blue card already, so I could still in theory be U/R, or at least splash two awesome blue instants into my WR deck or whatever.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:


I don't have a ton of devoid cards, but this card is so strong even by itself and there's not much else in the pack anyway.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:


Cheaper is better. Serpentine Spike is a trap.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:


Some decent white cards, but only one is actually an ally, and Blademaster is actually my only good white card thus far, so I went with a red card to stay mostly red. As far as Predator vs. Sentinel goes, I took Sentinel to try and maximize my Vile Aggregate power. Plus, 2 drop. Not sure if this pick is right.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:


Gorge would have been useful and I almost auto-picked it, but I noticed the Wilds and realized that I could be either RW splash U or RU splash W and would really need the fixing in either case.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:


Should have probably taken Dispel or Shrivel here.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:


Gorge is making it into all of my main decks, but Ruin Processor and Pathway Arrows probably aren't.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:


Super late!

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:


Not my favorite pack. I don't really want to be white at this point, and I felt like my deck was kind of underpowered, so I went with Bane over Invoker or Sheer Drop.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:


I keep jamming this card lately. I think it's secretly really good in every blue deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:


The only thing that could lure me away from a 2nd aggregate is Exert Influence, which is easier to pass up now that I'm not going to play any white cards.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:


Rush of Ice is probably a better card, but I don't really see my deck as much of a tempo deck so I went with the bigger finisher.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:


Side note: Prism Array is awesome even if you can only make 3 colors of mana.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!


I didn't think this deck was very good. 2 Vile Aggregates with few other colorless creatures, a weird curve with two random 7 drops, main deck Oracle of Dust? Yuck. At least my spells are very, very good.

I ended up 3-0ing fairly easily. My spells were as good as you'd expect them to be, especially Brutal Expulsion. I also got a lot of mileage out of Coralhelm Guide and Ruin Processor. Also, with 3 red Invokers, you get to kind of play the game with a certain inevitability that feels really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment