Monday, November 9, 2015

BFZ #3

  Pack 1 pick 1:




Tough pick. Vile Aggregate is probably the second best red uncommon (I think it's better than Turn Against at this point), but Deathless Behemoth is strong as hell too and doesn't commit you to a color.

Actually, maybe it's not that tough.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


This one is more clear cut. Bane is kinda nice, but it's definitely no Touch.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:


I've been here before - Tidecaller with no awaken spells, vs. a good awaken spell. I've tried starting with Tidecaller and it has not worked out, so I believe starting with the awaken card is better (especially when it's Clutch). I'm eyeing that Processor Assault though, hopefully it wheels.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:


Yikes! I do kind of want Murk Strider, but Windrider Patrol is awesome. 

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:


Nice I get to have both!

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:


One card that has kinda gone down for me is Incubator Drone. I've found that the 2/3 body isn't that useful on the ground, and since this format isn't about ramping into Eldrazi Devastators and what not like I initially thought, the scion isn't particularly notable either. I'm super happy to take the flyer in (what I would like to be) a U/R tempo deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:


Apparently Stonefury is rising up in lots of peoples' evaluations. I do like it a lot, but it's definitely no Touch, especially in a deck that I'm planning to play Murk Strider in.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:


Crap. Touch, FOIL Touch, or Outnumber? It might be right to take Outnumber here, but I couldn't resist Touch since I was stressing about my Murk Striders.

Side note, I think I should have taken the non-foil, given that I already have two non-foils. If I play a foil in one game and a non-foil in another, it will tip off smarter opponents to the fact that I have more than one and it might cause them to be more cautious. Super small thing, but worth thinking about.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:


Yikes. I would certainly play 4 Touch, but I'd rather have my 1st Nettle Drone.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:


Could have taken Blighted Gorge, but I like having 2 drops in tempo decks, and unblockable is useful in this deck I think.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:


Invoker is nice but Infiltrator can help enable my Murk Strider (and hopefully future ones as well).

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:


Nothing cool to search up with Conduit, so Horribly Awry it is.

Side note about this card (and Gideon's Reproach), they are pretty good as 2 drops in this format - I don't often feel super dead to a 2 drop curveout, so I don't think having a drop on 2 is as important as it was in the past few formats.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:


Nice! I get to have an Outnumber in my deck after all.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:


Omg yes. I'd have enjoyed that Sliderunner, but with a lot of exiling I think this will be super useful.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:


With 3 Touch + Outnumber + Clutch, this card is going to be excellent.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:


Make that FOUR Touch.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:


Wow!!

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!


This deck was awesome. Not much else to say - I 3-0ed pretty easily. I boarded in Oracle of Dust in one of the matches because the 5 butt on the ground was useful, and I had a lot more exile effects than I thought originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment