Monday, November 11, 2013

THS #7

  Pack 1 pick 1:




It's Wingsteed Rider vs. Lightning Strike. It's my opinion that Wingsteed Rider is the best common in the set.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


This is a little closer / more controversial. Sea God's Revenge is very good, but I have found Voyage's End to be more useful, more often. 

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:


Red ordeal is the strongest card in the pack by far.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:


I think Savage Surge is stronger, but it's no reason to start taking green cards.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:


Spots like this are usually pretty difficult for me. Trying to read the pack, it appears as if green and blue might be unavailable. I have one awesome card in each of white, blue, and red, so I should probably take a white or red card (IE, no reason for me to take Harpy, let alone Shipwreck Singer). Given that, there are five cards I could reasonably take (Cyclops, Chosen, Titan's Strength, Philosopher, and Akroan Crusader) and I don't really have a good grip on which one is the "right" pick. I feel like it's probably not Crusader, since he tends to lap. I also don't really like Cyclops, since he is often expensive and underwhelming for me. That narrows it to Chosen, Philosopher, and Titan's Strength. I think Titan's Strength is the best of those 3, but it's red, and it "feels" safer to keep taking white cards.

I went with Titan's Strength and, barring any heinous cuts, I'll be trying to assemble a R/W heroic deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:


I actually don't like Fanatic all that much. In the R/W aggro decks, white tends to be more of a dominant color.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:


I've found Cavalry Pegasus to be pretty important for these R/W decks to keep pushing damage through. A lot of the good cheap creatures are humans.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:


I don't dislike the skullcleaver, but I feel like the cards I took over him in this pick and the last pick will be more useful.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:


puke. I don't like divine verdict very much, especially in low land aggro decks, which is what I want this deck to be.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:


This is a wonderful gift.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:


Now that I have one, I'll probably play it.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:


I should have cut Scholar here. I really don't like playing Warden, and Scholar decks are sometimes tough for decks like mine to beat.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!


I think this deck is pretty good. I'm unsure of some of the last couple card choices, and it would obviously be better with a Lightning Strike, but it has everything else that makes these decks good.

Unfortunately, I got destroyed in round 1. In game 1, I lost to Celestial Archon. I was racing it with red Ordeal on my Traveling Philosopher, but when it got to a 4/4 he killed it with Vanquish the Foul (puke). After that he took it home with the archon and Heliod. I brought in Priest of Iroas and Divine Verdict for game 2, but I never drew any red mana. I'm not sure I would have won even if I had drawn it, because he had Heliod on 4 and Celestial Archon on 5 and I was staring at a hand full of useless red cards.

Oh well. This draft and the draft before this one (THS #6) were back to back, so it sucked losing to rares twice in a row. At least I'm reasonably happy with how I drafted this deck.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete