Saturday, November 2, 2013

THS #1

  Pack 1 pick 1:





  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


A common and/or foil is missing. I don't know the runs so I have no clue what it could be. Griptide, maybe? I've seen packs with both Voyage's End and Griptide in them.

There are four defensible picks in this pack, in my opinion: Gods Willing, Voyage's End, Nylea's Emissary, and Mogis's Marauder.

I chose Voyage's End because I think it's the best card for the format. A lot of my wins (and losses) come from a makeshift huge monster (via heroic or ordeal or whatever) or an unblockable monster (via Aqueous Form) that I can't answer, and this is the most efficient way to stop those things. If I had to order the four picks they would be Voyage's End first, Gods Willing a very close second, then Emissary third and Mogis's Marauder fourth.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:


This is kind of a hard pick. I'm definitely white and I'm likely red, so it comes down to Hopeful Eidolon vs. Arena Athlete. I've seen the athlete table sometimes and I think people have caught on to Eidolon, plus it's super duper nice with Fabled Hero so that is my pick.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:


This is an extremely tough pick. Wingsteed Rider is the best white common, Phalanx Leader is the best white uncommon, and Lightning Strike is the best removal spell. I took forever on this pick and I have no clue what is correct. I went with Rider because I already had an eidolon and it looks like my deck is more of a "make one guy awesome" deck than a "make a bunch of little dudes and swarm" deck. It's close though and I'd love to hear more thoughts on this pick.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:


Weird pack here. No real red cards (the priests always lap if I really want them and I never do), and Band Elder is not what I'm looking for yet so I semi-cut the Griptide (which is one of the best cards against my type of deck). If things go south I can always splash it and my Voyage's End.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:


Hmm. No red cards again, Vanquish sucks and Last Breath is easy to pick up so I take Battlewise Hoplite to keep the door to U/W open.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:


  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:


Wow, I'm not sure what to do here. Daxos is super duper strong in U/W load-em-up, but on the other hand I'll definitely use Dauntless Onslaught in any deck I make. No clue what's actually right, but since I took 2 blue cards this pack and no red cards I decide to just try and go big.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pudIZbCRq_c#t=1m08s

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:


I'd take Akroan Hoplite here if I were RW, but I think at this point I definitely want to be U/W.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:


Well, good thing it had both of them I guess.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:


puke

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:


Tough choice between this and a second white Ordeal. Maybe the ordeal is better.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:



The color confusion meant that I had just barely enough cards. I don't usually like Vanquish the Foul but I didn't want to play 17 lands.

I lost in the first round to a B/W deck. In game 1 I had turn 1 Eidolon and turn 2 white Ordeal, but my opponent instantly had Last Breath. I never drew a third land after that and died to a Hundred Handed One. I won game 2 by making a huge unblockable Fabled Hero, but I lost game 3 after my Ordeal hopes were ruined by a Ray of Dissolution. I don't think his deck was very good but he was playing plenty of tools to stop me from getting cheesy free Ordeal wins and he drew them all, so oh well.

I'm more interested in the draft portion. If you would have made any picks differently, I'd love to discuss them.

This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!

2 comments:

  1. I think I take Nylea's Emissary and end up in W/G fwiw. -rbogner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post.jogos online 2019
    play Games friv
    school friv

    ReplyDelete