Sunday, November 3, 2013

THS #3 - lemme ox ya dis

  Pack 1 pick 1:




Hard pick. It's either Boon Satyr, Coordinated Assault, or Favored Hoplite.

I went with the rare because it's strong and versatile, and can present a very quick clock on a lot of boards. If the rare were some brick, I think I'd have taken Coordinated Assault. Although I do kind of feel like Favored Hoplite is the more "versatile" pick, since it fits in both of the so-called best decks of this format (U/W heroic and R/W heroic), and it's probably the best candidate for a nut ordeal start, so I could see it going either way.


  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


Wowie, nice pack. In a vacuum I think the red ordeal is stronger. However I think the blue ordeal is the pick here. Ideally I want to use the Boon Satyr I first picked, and U/G is a lot better than R/G. Also, people haven't really caught on to Aqueous Form yet, and there's a reasonable chance that it laps. If it doesn't, there is also a Nessian Courser and a Nylea's Disciple. So basically, better color combo and more potential table combos.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:


Puke. Nothing I really want in blue or green, so for me it comes down to Titan's Strengh or Favored Hoplite. I think the hoplite is way better here since it combos better with the ordeal I just took, and also the Boon Satyr.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:


Awesome. At this point I'm definitely looking to be U/W heroic.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:


This pick just hits it home.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:


Crappy pack + hedge

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:


siiiiik

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:


Jarvis Yu and I had a thought about this format. If the best start is T1 one drop T2 ordeal, then Yoked Ox's value goes way up if you have 2+ ordeals in your deck, since it drastically reduces the number of cards that can stop the ordeal from popping. Now's a perfect chance for me to test that idea.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:




  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:


I don't really like starting this card, especially in low land heroic decks, but it's way better than Last Breath since it stops way more voltron combos, and it's also a good card to chop since it's good vs. my double Ordeal deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:


Really happy to see this card here.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:


1st Triton Tactics is definitely better than 2nd Gods Willing or 2nd Aqueous Form.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:


Nice, now I'm definitely taking and starting every ox I see.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:


yus

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!


I think this deck is pretty good. Not that many sideboard options unfortunately, since I needed 25 playables.

I went 3-0 pretty easily. Although I never actually assembled T1 Ox + T2 Ordeal, every game I won involved a very early ordeal on a very early drop, so I appreciated having all the extra ordeal combos in my deck. Two Yoked Oxen might have been a little aggressive. I ended up boarding one out for Divine Verdict every match because each of my opponents had an Ordeal. I guess they're catching on.

All in all, I'm happy with the Oxen. I'd say the ox-periment was a success. They are definitely the worst cards in my deck, but they are better than lands, and I'm not sure if I'd have started something like Setessan Battle Priest over one.

Would you start a single color Temple in this kind of deck? I didn't do it because it's important to me to curve out and I find myself keeping one and two landers a lot and needing to peel with these types of decks, and if I peeled a temple that came in tapped I'd feel really bad. Maybe the scry is worth it though, I'm not sure.

1 comment:

  1. Positive site. where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now. and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective workJogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete