Tuesday, April 19, 2016

SOI #1

  Pack 1 pick 1:




I think this is the strongest card that fits into the most decks.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 2:


What a dookie butt pack. Packs like these are pretty common in this format I think. I narrowed it down to Just the Wind and Diregraf Colossus and went with the more versatile card.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 3:


Not only is Duelist the strongest card in the pack (in my opinion), but it also leads me down a path of a cool UR tempo deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 4:


I'm looking at Just the Wind, Reduce to Ashes, and Rabid Bite. I think Bite is the best card and it's still early so I make the "hard mode" pick, despite not seeing any other great green cards in the first few packs.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 5:


Back to no green cards. Geistblast fits right in with my tempo strat and it's removal. It's close between this and Sleep Paralysis, but I went with Geistblast on the off chance that I end up seeing more green.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 6:


Another paralysis, but the better blue card in the pack in my opinion is Silent Observer. It's tough between this and Byway Courier. Courier is fine, but I feel like it's just that, "fine" - it leads me down the path of a nice 1-2 deck.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 7:


I have a really high opinion of this card in general, and there's nothing else in my colors anyway.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 8:


Well hello. I haven't tried this deck yet, but now's as good a time as any.

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 1 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 1:


Well, we're all in now. I'm looking at Pyre Hound and Press for Answers. With two observers already and a fear that I won't end up with enough spells to make my Rise good, I went with the spell.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 2:


Too late to switch now, and besides this is for science.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 3:


Rush is a spell, but I feel like it's not useful in a deck that's not curving out. Deny Existence is potentially pretty nice but I'm still hesitant to pull the trigger, so I go with the safe creature.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 4:


The spirit is probably the best card overall, but I'm trying for synergy.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 5:


Sick. Feeling really good about some of my earlier picks.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 6:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 7:


At this point I'm getting a little nervous that I won't be doing enough to affect the board in the early turns.

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 12:


Nice!

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 2 pick 15:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 1:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 2:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 3:


This was an extremely challenging pick. If there's ever a deck where Aberrant Researcher is actually excellent, it's probably this one. That said, I feel like Dance is more defensive, it's searchable with Pieces of the Puzzle, and it adds a zombie to my Rises. It didn't feel good making this pick but I think it was right.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 4:


I expect this card to be great with all my copies of Press for Answers.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 5:


Hard pick, since I really like the defensive capabilities of Explorers and diversifying my win conditions via cards like Nibilis and Sanguinary Mage, but I felt like I needed the spell.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 6:


Maybe I should have taken Voice? I'm not sure. I love Silent Observer though and I'm happy to play 3 to defend while I set up my zombie nonsense.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 7:


What a nice gift.

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 8:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 9:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 10:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 11:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 12:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 13:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 14:

  My Pick:


  Pack 3 pick 15:

  My Pick:


This draft converter created by Benjamin Peebles-Mundy.
Visit the draft converter today!


I went 3-0 pretty easily. This deck was great. I was nervous about not being able to defend myself vs. a nasty curve out, but in practice my opponents' draws were all very realistic and I was able to keep up with cards like Press for Answers and Dance with Devils.

1 comment:

  1. Truly an incredible expansion. I have perused this magnificent post. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing data about it. I truly like that. Much obliged so parcel for your assemble.abcya boy games
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete